Candace K. Beinecke is the Chair of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, currently ranked #1 on The American Lawyer’s “A-List” of elite law firms in the U.S. She has held that position since 1999 when she became the first female chair of a major New York firm. Ms. Beinecke’s practice focuses on corporate governance and M&A.
Ms. Beinecke was selected as one of the “50 Most Influential Women Lawyers in America” by The National Law Journal, and is included in such publications as The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers for her corporate governance and M&A expertise. She is named one of the “50 Most Powerful Women in New York” and one of the “100 Most Influential Women in NYC Business” by Crain’s New York Business and was also listed as one of the “25 New York executives whose contributions in and beyond business changed the City.”
Ms. Beinecke serves as Chairperson of First Eagle Funds, Inc., a 5 Star public mutual fund family, and as a board member of ALSTOM (Paris), of Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE), and of Rockefeller Financial Services, Inc. and Rockefeller & Co., Inc. She also serves as a Director and Vice Chair of the Partnership for New York City, and as a Trustee of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and as a Trustee of The Wallace Foundation. She is a member of the Board of Advisors, Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law, and a member of the Women’s Forum.
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized for her M&A and corporate governance expertise by many prominent legal publications such as Chambers, The Best Lawyers in America, The International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers and The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Named in the past three consecutive issues of Crain’s New York Business, including the June 2011 issue, as one of the “50 Most Powerful Women in New York”
- Selected by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 most influential women lawyers in America
- Selected by Crain's for its Hall of Fame as one of 25 executives whose contributions changed New York City
- Profiled in such publications as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, American Lawyer, National Law Journal and Crain’s
- Named by New York Super Lawyers as one of the “Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area” in 2012
- Honoree, New York County Lawyers’ Association 90th Annual Dinner Celebrating Outstanding Women of the Bar
- Recipient, NYC Chapter of The National Organization for Women, Women of Power and Influence Awards