Candace K. Beinecke is the Chair of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, an international law firm ranked for the eleventh year, including five years in a row as the top-ranked New York-based firm, on The American Lawyer’s A-List of what the magazine calls “the top firms among the nation’s legal elite.” She has held that position since 1999 when she became the first female chair of a major New York firm. Ms. Beinecke’s practice focuses on corporate governance and sensitive matters and investigations.
Ms. Beinecke serves as Chairperson of First Eagle Funds, Inc., a public mutual fund family; as Lead Independent Trustee of Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE); and as a board member of ALSTOM (Paris), Rockefeller Financial Services, Inc. and Rockefeller & Co., Inc. She also serves as a Director and Vice Chair of the Partnership for New York City and as a Trustee of The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Wallace Foundation.
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, Leaders Council of senior representatives from law, accounting and industry to examine global regulation, accounting and markets
- Member, Women’s Forum
- Member, Board of Advisors, Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Frequent Panelist on subjects ranging from corporate governance and transactions to law firm leadership
- Recognized for her M&A and corporate governance expertise by many prominent legal publications such as Chambers, The Best Lawyers in America, The International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers and The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Named in the past four consecutive issues of Crain’s New York Business as one of the “50 Most Powerful Women in New York”
- Selected by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 most influential women lawyers in America
- Selected by The National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America
- Selected by Crain's for its Hall of Fame as one of 25 executives whose contributions changed New York City
- Profiled in such publications as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, American Lawyer, National Law Journal and Crain’s
- Named by New York Super Lawyers as one of the “Top Woman Attorney in the New York Metro Area”
- Honoree, New York County Lawyers’ Association 90th Annual Dinner Celebrating Outstanding Women of the Bar
- Recipient, NYC Chapter of The National Organization for Women, Women of Power and Influence Awards