- Represented Viacom International Inc. in connection with secured debt financing relating to the acquisition of new businesses.
- Represented the lead arranger in a US$110 million syndicated secured loan to a Mexican company in the technology industry.
- Represented Banco Santander as arranger in a US$1 billion multi-currency revolving working capital facility for a Brazilian steel conglomerate and its subsidiaries.
- Represented MetLife in connection with a series of loans totaling over US$200 million to a special purpose vehicles secured by real estate assets in Brazil.
- Represented BNP Paribas as arranger and issuing bank in a US$150 million revolving letter of credit syndicated facility to support project finance transactions of a major Brazilian construction company.
- Represented The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., as administrative agent, and MUFG Union Bank, N.A., as depository bank, in connection with a $125 million senior secured term loan facility for Westmoreland San Juan, LLC, a subsidiary of Westmoreland Coal Company, to finance the acquisition of the San Juan Mine in Farmington, New Mexico from BHP Billiton.
- Represented Guatemalan mobile infrastructure provider in a $120 million financing package to build and maintain mobile phone towers across Central America.
- Represented BAC Credomatic Holding in the sale to GE Capital Global Banking of 25.1% of its ownership stake in BAC Credomatic, which has retail banking operations in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico, the Cayman Islands and the Bahamas.
- Represented HSBC as arranger and Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi as administrative agent for a US$350 million pre-export and working capital facility for a Brazilian industrial group.
- Represented HSBC as lead arranger in a US$1.3 billion pre-export and revolver facility for a Brazilian steel exporter.
- Represented BBVA, Citi, Societe Generale and WestLB as joint lead arrangers in a US$1.3 billion pre-export and working capital facility for a Brazilian industrial group.
- Represented HSBC in a US$120 million multi-tranche structured supply chain trade finance transaction for an international trading company for its Brazilian operations, secured by receivables, CPRs and soybean inventories.
Highlighted Pro Bono Matters
- Participation in United Way of Miami-Dade Task Force responsible for reviewing and updating the Policies and Procedure Manual of United Way of Miami-Dade, including analysis of legal issues and drafting revisions adopted by the Task Force. Providing other legal assistance to United Way of Miami-Dade with respect to certain general business operations.
- Representation of a nonprofit property management company in the negotiation and documentation of a grant agreement to fund renovations to a low-income housing complex, required by the municipality for older buildings.