- MF Global, Inc.: Mr. Kiplok serves as chief of staff and principal deputy to our partner James Giddens, Trustee for the liquidation of MF Global, Inc., the largest futures commission merchant ever to fail and among the ten largest bankruptcies in history. Among other things Mr. Kiplok coordinates the Trustee’s staff of several hundred professionals, advises the Trustee on all strategic and legal matters, oversees the processing of more than 30,000 claims, and directs cross border insolvency strategy.
- Lehman Brothers Inc.: Mr. Kiplok serves in the same role in the $120 billion Lehman liquidation, the largest stock broker ever to fail and part of the largest bankruptcy in history. In coordinating the Trustee’s staff and advising on all strategic and legal decisions Mr. Kiplok’s recent experience has included negotiating the resolution of more than $100 billion in claims among Lehman affiliates, integrating cross border insolvency strategy across more than 76 proceedings in 16 jurisdictions around the world, and overseeing dozens of litigations regarding customer and other claims totaling well into the tens of billions of dollars.
In re Republic Airways Holdings Inc.: Debtor’s counsel in connection with its $3.5 billion chapter 11 restructuring.
In re Worldwide Transportation Services Inc.: Representation of secured lender, DIP lender, and acquiror of substantial assets pursuant to section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- In re Doral Financial Corp.: Representation of the FDIC in its capacity as receiver for Doral Bank and as interested party in the chapter 11 proceeding of its parent holding corporation.
- In re Dendreon Corp.: Representation of the Chair of the Creditors Committee in the $640 million chapter 11 restructuring of Dendreon Corp.
- In re NSB Advisors LLC: Representation of the largest creditor in the chapter 11 restructuring of investment adviser NSB Advisors LLC.
- In re Eagle Picher: Representation of trustees of a billion dollar trust established to resolve hundreds of thousands of asbestos personal injury claims.
- MUFG Union Bank, N.A.: Representation of bank as collateral agent and issuer of synthetic letters of credit in the chapter 11 restructuring of a multibillion dollar coal power facility, In re Longview Power LLC.
- Credit Suisse AG: Navigated the bank as secured creditor, DIP lender, and section 363 purchaser through the billion dollar restructuring of an international shipping conglomerate, In re Excel Maritime.
- In re Spectrawatt: Advised UK company in recovery of 100% of its advance payments following the failure of a US solar producer.
- In re Lillian Vernon, Inc.: Representation of largest secured creditor and equity holder.
- In re Mirant Corp.: Victory for party to a swap contract following trial under bankruptcy code safe harbor provisions.
- In re Refco Capital Markets, Ltd.: Representation of largest individual creditor, a Latin American resident, through month long trial and conversion to stock broker liquidation of this Bermuda entity.
- In re Enron Corp.: Defense of Aetna Inc. and affiliates in billion dollar commercial paper litigation.
- In re Verestar, Inc.: Representation of bankruptcy code section 363 acquirer through post-closing litigation.
- In re Beacon Hill: Dismissal of big four consulting firm in federal and state court litigation concerning the Cayman Islands insolvency of the Beacon Hill hedge funds.
- Counsel to the Trustee in the liquidations of AR Baron & Co. and New Times Securities Services, Inc.
- Representation of big four accounting firms in cases concerning In re Cendant Corporation Securities Litigation, In re Dictaphone Corp., In re Metlife Securities Litigation, In re Solutia Corp., In re Vivendi Securities Litigation, Stotler Group, Inc., National Century Financial Enterprises, Inc., and other matters.
- Defense of witnesses in SEC, PCAOB, DOJ, and independent counsel investigations.
- Pro bono representation of victims of domestic violence and of Chapter 7, 11, and 13 individual debtors.