James Berger is a partner in the Litigation Department of Hughes Hubbard & Reed with particular interest in litigation involving complex legal and scientific issues. His national practice focuses on product liability and premises liability claims and includes experience in tobacco, asbestos, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and chemical exposures. Mr. Berger has both trial and appellate experience, and has been national counsel responsible for all aspects of complex litigation in multiple state and federal courts throughout the country, including jurisdictions recognized as particularly plaintiff-friendly. He has also handled appellate work in multiple states and before the Eighth Circuit, where he began his career as a law clerk.
- Member, Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Member, The Eighth Circuit Bar Association
- Member, The Defense Research Institute
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit