Selected matters that reflect our experience in this area include:
- Represented Civil and Marine Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of U.K.’s largest supplier of granulated blast furnace slag with respect to site development and negotiation of EPC contract for a granulated blast furnace slag grinding processing plant in Florida.
- Represented Takasago Chemical in negotiation for EPC contract with Raytheon Construction in University Park, Illinois in connection with development of state-of-the-art fragrance and aroma factory.
- Represented Nautica Enterprises, Inc. with respect to site development, various engineering contracts, material handling equipment contracts and design-build contract for development of 525,000 square foot state-of-the-art distribution center in Virginia. Project involved negotiation with state and local agencies and numerous grant and project infrastructure agreements.
- Represented CVRD in connection with EPC contract for development of shipping terminal.
- Represented Civil and Marine, Inc. in connection with a design-build contract with H&M Construction for a power station.
- Represented State O’Maine Inc. in connection with site development for redevelopment of distribution facility in Rockland, Maine of approximately 390,000 square feet together with numerous engineering contracts, material handling equipment contracts and design-build contracts. Numerous agreement with state and local agencies for various infrastructure improvement agreements and grant agreements.
- Represented Berkshire Corporation in connection with design-build contract for “clean room” clothing uniforms processing facility.
- Represented Walkers Shortbread in connection with design-build contract for development of offices and distribution facility for U.S. operations.
- Represented owner of Hutchison Island Site Development in preparation and negotiation of a contract for site construction (providing, among other services, clearing, de-mucking, excavation, grading, and utility installation) with a Sitework Contractor selected by Owner on real property owned by Owner on Hutchison Island, Florida.
- Represented ALSTOM with the negotiation of EPC contracts for the construction combined cycle gas turbine electric plants. Work included amendment and restatement of agreements for seven American National Power plants and two PG&E plants.
- Represented Nautica Enterprises, Inc. in connection with the build-out of 225,000 square feet of specialty showrooms and offices at 40 West 57th Street, New York and 11 West 19th Street, New York.
- Represented Matlin Patterson Global Advisors LLC in connection with a construction contract for construction f its offices at 520 Madison Avenue, New York, NY.
- Represented Flushing Savings Bank in connection with preparation of master construction contract for the development of bank branches throughout the New York metropolitan area
- Numerous representations for Lehr Construction Corp. for the following projects:
- Ernst &Young: Development of a 1.2 million square foot space for Ernst & Young in Times Square at 5 Times Square, New York.
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher: Construction Agreement for the build-out of several hundred thousand square feet of law offices.
- Skadden Arps: Design and construction of interior improvements affecting 682,000 square feet of retail and office space at 4 Times Square, New York.
- Trump Building: Redevelopment of core and infrastructure for floors 19-22 at 40 Wall Street, New York.
- BV Bank: Significant renovation at 150 East 42nd Street, New York.
- Condon O'Meara McGinty & Donnelly: Renovation at One New York Plaza, New York.
- Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of New York: Finishing and refurbishing work at 130 East 59th Street, New York.
- Ford Motor Company, Inc.: Interior renovation at One Rockefeller Plaza, New York.
- Packer Collegiate Institute: Base building construction of a new middle school facility located at 170 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, New York.
- Revlon: Renovation at 237 Park Avenue, New York.
- ContelIPC: Agreement for the renovation of third floor at 375 Hudson Street, New York.
- Amalgamated Bank: Construction Agreement for the build-out of its offices at 275 7th Avenue, New York, NY.
- Darby & Darby P.C.: Construction Agreement for the renovation of its offices at 7 World Trade Center, New York, NY.
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP: Construction Agreement for offices at 1 World Financial Center, New York, NY.
- Friends Seminary: Construction Agreement for the expansion and renovation of the school.
- Represented The Festival Companies as developer in connection with construction of regional shopping centers in Southern California.
- Represented Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. in connection with preparation of master engineering and architectural services contracts for various construction projects.
- Represented Rissho Kosei-Kai in connection with construction of church in New York City.
- Represented The Collegiate School in connection with a construction contract for development of infill school building at 370 West End Avenue, New York, NY.
- Represented Loews Hotels in the development of an 800-room convention center hotel in Miami Beach, Florida, the Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
- Represented Bernsohn & Fetner in connection with preparation of master construction agreements.
- Represented The Arba Group, Inc. as of developer in connection with construction or renovation of numerous community shopping centers in Southern California.
- Represented The Arba Group, Inc. as developer in connection with negotiation of eminent domain award from school district (for taking of portion of shopping center parking lot) and utilization of eminent domain proceeds for construction of 8 story parking structure.
- Represented Environmental Investments, LLC as developer specializing in the acquisition and development of “brownfields” sites, in connection with environmental remediation and subsequent construction of neighborhood shopping centers and mixed use projects.
- Represented Armando Codina/Benenson/Tisch Interests in a joint venture in connection with the development of several mixed-use industrial office center/retail business parks, including the $200+ million Beacon Center near Miami International Airport.
- Represented New York Institute for Special Education in connection with preparation of construction agreement for new dormitory, auditorium and library for alterations to its Bronx, New York school.
- Represented SouthCOM (State of Florida Department of Management Services) as Owner in preparation and negotiation of, among other pertinent documents, a Development Agreement whereby a State-selected private developer will construct on State property a Class A or better facility and site amenities to be leased to the Department of Defense's Southern Command (SouthCOM) satisfying requirements of the State and of the General Services Administration that will contain approximately 600,000 square feet with an estimated construction cost of $450,000,000.00.
- Coral Gables Office Headquarters - Represented Owner in preparation and negotiation of, among other pertinent documents, a Development Agreement whereby Owner's affiliate developed and is constructing a 15-story corporate office headquarters in Coral Gables, Florida containing approximately 244,000 square feet of Class A office space.
- 355 Alhambra Office Tower - Represented Owner in preparation and negotiation of, among other pertinent documents, a Development Agreement, whereby an affiliate of Owner constructed on real property owned by Owner a 16 story Office Tower containing approximately 224,241 rentable square feet of Class A office space located at 355 Alhambra Circle, Coral Gables, Florida.
- Represented Prospect Company, an affiliate of Travelers Insurance Company, in the development and construction of the 24-story Dadeland Marriott Hotel containing 300 guest rooms located in South Miami, Florida.
- Represented developer, Loews Hotels in negotiations with the City of Miami Beach for the joint public/private development and total renovation of a historic Hotel on property owned by the City of Miami Beach located in the Art Deco district of South Beach, Miami, Florida containing 790 guest rooms and various luxury amenities.
- Vero Beach Hotel - Represented Owner in the preparation and negotiation of contracts for Architectural services for a phased redevelopment and renovation of an historic hotel located in Vero Beach, Florida.
- Represented Universal Studios and Rank Organization as joint venturesin preparation and negotiation of, among other pertinent documents, Development Agreements, whereby an affiliate of Owner developed and constructed three themed Hotels in the Universal Studios complex in Orlando, Florida: the Portfino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, containing 750 guest rooms, suites, and luxury amenities; the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, containing 650 deluxe guest rooms, suites, club rooms, and luxury amenities; and the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, containing 1000 guest rooms and luxury amenities.
- Palm Beach Office Buildings - Represented Owner in the preparation and negotiation of Design-Build contracts whereby a design-builder selected by Owner will construct two Office buildings on real property owned by Owner in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Destin Retail/Commercial Shopping Center - Represented Owner in preparation, negotiation, administration, and close-out of contracts for Construction services whereby a General Contractor selected by Owner built a retail shopping center in Destin, Florida on real property owned by Owner containing 'big-box' national stores and smaller stores. Also assisted in negotiations with city agencies, insurance providers, and Owner's lender for various close-out issues including, among other things, change order resolution, certificate of occupancy, bonding-off of construction liens, tenant issues, hurricane damage issues, and wrap-up of "SubGuard" insurance issues.
- Represented Lehr Construction Corp. in connection with NBA Properties construction of a multi-level high-end showcase retail concept store at 666 Fifth Avenue, New York.
- Representation of Nautica Enterprises, Inc. in connection with over 100 retail construction projects, architectural and construction contracts.
- Representation of Earl Jeans Inc. in connection with numerous retail construction projects.
- Representation of John Varvatos Company in connection with numerous retail construction projects.
- The Hopkins Development Companies: Representation of developer in the drafting and modification of “standardized” forms of architectural and engineering agreements and construction contracts to be used in connection with the construction of community shopping centers in Southern California.
- PacficNorthstar Property Group: Representation of developer in connection with the construction of garden and mid-rise residential condominium projects in Southern California.
- Wysong Capital Corporation: Representation of developer in connection with residential condominium conversion projects in Seattle, WA. (i.e., acquiring existing apartment projects and converting and renovating same into residential condominium units.
- Luxury Condominium Project - Represented Owner in resolution of numerous close-out issues arising from construction of a 7-story luxury condominium complex and parking deck located in Winter Park, Florida including, without limitation, monitoring resolution of improper window and flashing installation, correction of waterproofing problems, testing and certification, and negotiation of existing performance and new maintenance bonds.
- Palm Beach County Convention Center Complex - Represented Owner (Palm Beach County) in preparation and negotiation of, among other pertinent documents, a Development Agreement whereby a pre-selected private developer will construct a mixed-use facility containing a luxury Hotel, a luxury Condominium, a parking Garage, common facilities, and significant site amenities adjacent to the exisiting Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Town Center Multi-Use Development - Represented Owner in preparation and negotiation of, among other pertinent documents, a Development Agreement whereby an affiliate of Owner will construct on real property owned by Owner a 100 acre 'Town Center' multi-use complex containing Condominiums, upscale Retail spaces, Multi-Family apartment rental units, and Office buildings.
- Coral Springs Development - Represented Owner in preparation and negotiation of Development Agreements for development and construction of a mixed residential development whereby a developer selected by Owner will construct, market, and sell residential town houses and single-family dwellings on real property owned by Owner in Coral Springs, Florida.
- Lake Worth Joint Ventures - Represented Owner in preparation and negotiation of Joint Development Agreements for development and construction of luxury single-family dwellings on real property owned or optioned to be owned by Owner whereby a major home builder selected by Owner will construct single-family residences on approximately 50 acres in Lake Worth, Florida. Services also included negotiating with the Lake Worth Drainage District for adjacent drainage canal right-of-way determination.
- Miscellaneous Construction Agreements - Represented several Owners in preparation and negotiation of various Design and Construction agreements whereby Architects selected by Owners will design and General Contractors selected by Owners will construct a range of residential structures, from single-family dwellings to town homes to multi-family apartment houses, on real property owned by the Owners at various locations in Florida.
- Essex Street Development - Represented Owner in simultaneous litigation and arbitration actions involving a mixed-use residential/commercial project constructed on real property owned by Owner located on Essex Street, New York, New York.
- Miscellaneous Construction Litigation - Represented Owner, a major real-estate developer in New York City, in various litigation matters ranging from foreclosure of mechanics' liens, contract disputes, change order disputes, and litigation with Condominium Boards, for large residential and mixed-use projects at various locations in New York, New York.
- Non-Legal Development Experience - One member of the team was involved as a partner in the development, financing, construction, and sales of several residential developments in New York.