June 19, 2018 — Hughes Hubbard has been awarded the Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for the eighth consecutive year, one of only 12 firms nationally to have consistently achieved this recognition since the program’s inception in 2011.
The award certifies and recognizes law firms that have integrated women into their highest leadership positions. The certification emphasizes leadership roles achieved by women equity partners, rather than the policies or practices of the firm or the number or percentage of women in partnership.
To receive gold status, firms with at least 300 lawyers in the U.S. had to meet at least four of six criteria involving women in key positions. HHR qualified in the following five categories, with women constituting a minimum of:
• 20 percent of equity partners
• 15 percent of firm chairs and managing partners
• 20 percent of the firm’s compensation committee
• 15 percent of the top half of the most highly compensated partners
• 7 percent of women equity partners are women of color or 3.5 percent of women equity partners are LGBT